Bravil is a squalid town located on the banks of the Niben Bay, south of the Imperial City. The Larsius River passes through and wraps around the town, as the Green Road curves around it.
Bravil is described as one of the poorest towns in Cyrodiil. Houses are built like shacks, being wooden and stacked upon each other. The Larsius River that runs through the town serves as Bravil's sewers. Because of its location on the bay's shore and the marshes and swamps that surround it, the climate is damp.
The settlement has likely been in existence since at least 1E 1152. It is known that Ayleids once lived in the region before the town was established. The Alessian Army attacked the Ayleids in the First Era, the army being led by the Empress Alessia's centurion Teo Bravillius Tasus. After discovering the Ayleid's ability to use Alteration type magic to defend themselves, Tasus managed to defeat them. Because of his success, the town owes its name to Tasus.
The Lucky Old Lady Statue
In the square east of Bravil's Great Chapel is a statue called The Lucky Old Lady. Standing in front of the statue and activating it will cast the spell Old Lady's Luck on you, which fortifies Luck +10 points for 720 seconds. You can activate this statue as many times per day as you want.
- The spell may be absorbed, replenishing your magicka rather than giving the blessing. If you want to receive the blessing, it is best to deactivate effects. On the other hand, it can be used to advantage by characters with the Atronach birthsign: absorbing the spell will restore your Magicka.
- You can no longer receive the spell's blessing once you complete the Dark Brotherhood questline.
- The book Daughter of the Niben provides some interesting background.
The Castle Gardens
The castle gardens are one of the few aesthetically pleasing locations in Bravil. While most of the town is run-down and ugly, the gardens are quite beautiful; as Dro'shanji will comment: Bravil is perhaps not so nice, but Bravil castle and Bravil castle gardens, they are jewels are they not?
(Bravil Riverside descriptive text goes here)
(Bravil Docks descriptive text goes here)
Quests Starting Here
- A Herbalist's Needs: Find fifteen rotten apples for Midwen the Herbalist.
- Blade of the Goddess: Follow the clues to find the Blade of Namira.
- Bravilian Maid: Spend a wild night with Yana.
- Gold Horse Bravil Local Deliveries: Deliver local packages for the Gold Horse Courier Service.
- Gold Horse City to City Deliveries: Deliver inter-city packages for the Gold Horse Courier Service.
- Gold Horse Rural Deliveries: Deliver rural packages for the Gold Horse Courier Service.
- Strange Bedfellows: Find out where Lady Trivelda's husband goes in the evenings.
- The Bloodscript: Find The Bloodscript and deliver it to Oron.
- The Legacy of Ardan: Kill King Ardan.
- Bodi's Winnings: Recover the money Bodi won at cards, which his shipmate refuses to pay.
- Deliver Dodrick's Heavy Package: Deliver a heavy package to Captain Wolfe.
- Eugene's Sketches: Help Eugene get more exposure by showing his sketches around town.
- Find Han-Zaw's Brother: Find Ferntail and inform Han-Zaw of his location.
- Emperor's Finest for Kashmir: Find some Emperor's Finest Soap for Kashmir.
- Lanz gro-Ghra's Rent Money: Collect Lanz gro-Ghra's rent money.
- Ferntail's Pearl: Ferntail wants a luminescent pearl.
- Gold Horse Courier Service: Advance through the ranks of the Gold Horse Courier Service by delivering packages.
- New Recruits: Find and interview potential new recruits for the Rangers Guild.
- The Bravil Dock Master in Bravil Docks offers travelling services, selling passage on a ship to Anvil, Leyawiin, and the Imperial City. Some additional locations are also available if certain other mods are active.