FCOM Installation Guide
This is not an official guide, nor is it endorsed by the authors of the mentioned mods. Furthermore, this is a stand-alone guide, and reading other guides or installations along with it may cause confusion as a result of differences in language and terms. Its purpose is not that of a supplement to the official installation instructions found in the mods' ReadMe files or official development threads, but, rather, to offer augmented instructions for those who have found those resources insufficient in some way. Sometimes level of comfort with mod management required to follow the official documentation exceeds that of the user whom wants to try to mod. That is why this guide not only aims to help users successfully install these mods, but also it aims to raise the user's comfort with managing these mods.
Before proceeding with this guide, it would be helpful to have read or be familiar with the material covered in System Requirements, Intro to Mods and Hardware Analysis pages. Also note that the example mods this guide covers are not exhaustive. If you are wondering what types of mod configurations users have run successfully, check out the RLO Database.
Warning!!! Users of Windows 7 and Windows Vista, whenever you have to run executable (EXE) installers for mods and mod management-related utilities right-click and flag installer to
Run as Administrator. Likewise, 64-bit users have to be aware of the fact that some 32-bit installer do not execute properly on 64-bit platforms.
FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen is 'not for new (mod) users, lighthearted users or lightweight systems!! It combines more than three overhauls, adding many new items, NPCs and quests. The intensity of FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen-overhauled Oblivion should provide a real challenge moving up from any other modded setup, allowing your skills to grow in experience fairly quickly. Your PC is expected to die a few times early on; however, do not rush out of the early levels. If you do, you will miss out on a lot of the new content. The FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen team and many of its users recommend installing a mod such as Progress (see the downloading mods page) to slow down the skill progression rate. As large as this mod is, the FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen team provides support plugins for many known conflicts, covering almost all major mods. It is has been around quite a while now; therefore, if a mod really conflicts with FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen (or OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul), the ReadMe for that mod will probably mention it. However, keep your hardware in mind when adding more AI-adding mods, such as Crowded Roads and TIETamriel Immersion Experience on top. You may need to back off a bit and and add one of FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen's spawn rate reducing mods and avoid OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul's fish plugin to make your FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen setup manageable for your CPU.
>> Note: TIETamriel Immersion Experience users, a new version of TIE4MODs that will actually fit well with FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen is in the works. As the release will probably be quite different from the other versions of TIETamriel Immersion Experience and adding a mod is simpler than updating to a very different mod, wait for the new release. It should be released relatively soon. Look on the BethSoft mods forum for the thread.
If you want to try a smaller overhaul first, there are other overhauls containing, the core of FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul:
BAINBAsh INstallers users should download non-OMOD versions (i.e., manual, BAINBAsh INstallers-ready, OMOD-ready, regular, etc.) mods to the Bash Installers folder. OBMMOblivion Mod Manager users should download OMOD versions or OMOD-ready versions of mods when they are available. Only a few of these are available as OMODs, but a number are OMOD-ready. OMODs can be either downloaded to your OMODs folder or loaded into OBMMOblivion Mod Manager by double-clicking on them or right-clicking and choosing
Open. (The default OMODs folder is Oblivion/OBMMOblivion Mod Manager/Mods.) Avoid EXE downloads (unless explicitly referenced).
- FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen - core
- Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.35
- Download and install the files "OOO135.7z", "OOO135BSA.7z", and if you so desire, "Harvest_Flora_v3_0_1.zip
- Martigen's Monster Mods 3.8
- Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod (Fran)
- This mod is required to install the latest version of FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen, which this guide covers.
- This mod is also a stand-alone overhaul with very different gameplay as compared to OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen. In FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen, it is primarily a source of new items, of which there are many.
- Fran V5
- Download both the v1 beta and the v2 beta update.
- >> Note: This has a BAINBAsh INstallers-only installer. If you do not wish to use BAINBAsh INstallers, you'll have to install Fran 4.5b (below).
- Warning!!! Do not use the creature pack with FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen!!!
- Common Oblivion (COBL)
- FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen_Archery + FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen_RealSwords patch
- Rebalances RealSwords stats for users of FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen_Archery
- Download@Oblivion Nexus
- Oblivion WarCry (OWC)
- This mod is actually another stand-alone overhaul, which a few members of the FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen team have helped continue. As such, the FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen team has provided full support to ensure this mod meshes perfectly into FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen.
- Download "Oblivion WarCry EV Opti.7z", and "WarCryEv.7z".
- Warning!!! This is not the same as Oblivion WarCry:New Dimensions (OWC-ND). That mod is not an update to this one.
- OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System 2.0
- OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System is a variation of MOBSMedieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System (a stat-rebalancing system) that OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul uses. This mod rebalances the Vanilla and SIShivering Isles items in accordance with OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System.
- There are two versions: one for Vanilla (non-SIShivering Isles) and one for SIShivering Isles.
- Unofficial Official Patches
>> Note: Do not use the MOBSMedieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System version of the unofficial official patches. Download the separate MOBS patches for the DLCs until OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System versions of those are available. OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System covers the vanilla and SIShivering Isles items, so downloading MOBSMedieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System-ified versions of the UOPUnofficial Oblivion Patch and USIPUnofficial Shivering Isles Patch is unnecessary anyway.
Other Updates and Recommends
- Bob's Armory and the Bob's Oblivion Armory Optimised BSA
- Recommended on FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen's home site, Bob's Armory adds many new weapons and armor to the FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen-overhauled world.
- Loth's Blunt Weapons
- Recommended on FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen's home site, this mod adds many new blunt weapons to the game.
- Enhanced Economy
- An updated alternative to Living Economy, the economy mod bundled with OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.
- OOO Gems & Gem Dust OBSE
- an OBSEOblivion Script Extender-enabled rewrite of OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul geomancy system
- Since OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul's G&GD system is incompatible with that of MMMMartigen's Monster Mod's, this enhanced version of OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul's system can be used instead.
For now, manual users, please follow the BAINBAsh INstallers track.