OOO Installation Guide
This is not an official guide, nor is it endorsed by the authors of the mentioned mods. Furthermore, this is a stand-alone guide, and reading other guides or installations along with it may cause confusion as a result of differences in language and terms. Its purpose is not that of a supplement to the official installation instructions found in the mods' ReadMe files or official development threads, but, rather, to offer augmented instructions for those who have found those resources insufficient in some way. Sometimes level of comfort with mod management required to follow the official documentation exceeds that of the user whom wants to try to mod. That is why this guide not only aims to help users successfully install these mods, but also it aims to raise the user's comfort with managing these mods.
Before proceeding with this guide, it would be helpful to have read or be familiar with the material covered in System Requirements, Intro to Mods and Hardware Analysis pages. Also note that the example mods this guide covers are not exhaustive. If you are wondering what types of mod configurations users have run successfully, check out the RLO Database.
Warning!!! Users of Windows 7 and Windows Vista, whenever you have to run executable (EXE) installers for mods and mod management-related utilities right-click and flag installer to
Run as Administrator. Likewise, 64-bit users have to be aware of the fact that some 32-bit installer do not execute properly on 64-bit platforms.
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) is one of the most popular overhauls for Oblivion. It is also one of the oldest TESIV mods. It changes NPC leveling, giving capped ranges to enemies leveling, weaves in many new quests and characters to the world of Tamriel, and introduces many neat gameplay tweaks as well. The game with OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul is completely different. As much as it overhauls the game, most mods can be run with OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul as there are many aspects of the game it does not touch. Also, due to its being around so long, many mods will mention whether or not there is compatibility issue, and there are also patches for a number of mods that otherwise would have conflicts. Be prepared for a whole new Oblivion experience! OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul raises the game's intensity to a whole new level...
If you are installing OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul as part of FCOMFrans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen or MMMMartigen's Monster Mod+OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, please see the repective guides for those overhauls:
From Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.33 Nexus page...
Warnings: * Vista users beware of the EXE installer! If you use the EXE version on Vista you may not get all the resource files when you install. Best way to avoid this is to use the OMOD installation or the manual 7zip installation. If you still prefer to use the EXE, then you must install twice: once without picking any options and then again picking the options you want.
BAINBAsh INstallers users should download non-OMOD versions (i.e., manual, BAINBAsh INstallers-ready, OMOD-ready, regular, etc.) mods to the Bash Installers folder. OBMMOblivion Mod Manager users should download OMOD versions or OMOD-ready versions of mods when they are available. Only a few of these are available as OMODs, but a number are OMOD-ready. OMODs can be either downloaded to your OMODs folder or loaded into OBMMOblivion Mod Manager by double-clicking on them or right-clicking and choosing
Open. (The default OMODs folder is Oblivion/OBMMOblivion Mod Manager/Mods.) Avoid EXE downloads.
- Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.33 - core
- OOO1.33 Complete 7z (main download)
- OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul FULL users should also download OOO1.34b5 7z patch (from the previous link). (latest patch)
- OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul LITE users should download the OOO 1.33b LITE patch. (latest patch)
- If you are undecided, download both patches, but do not install both. Each is intended for one and only one version.
- OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System 2.0
- OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System is a variation of MOBSMedieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System (a stat-rebalancing system) that OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul uses. This mod rebalances the Vanilla and SIShivering Isles items in accordance with OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System.
- There are two versions: one for Vanilla (non-SIShivering Isles) and one for SIShivering Isles.
- Unofficial Official Patches
>> Note: Do not use the MOBSMedieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System version of the unofficial official patches. Download the separate MOBS patches for the DLCs until OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System versions of those are available. OMOBSOscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System covers the vanilla and SIShivering Isles items, so downloading MOBSMedieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System-ified versions of the UOPUnofficial Oblivion Patch and USIPUnofficial Shivering Isles Patch is unnecessary anyway.
Other Updates and Recommends
- Enhanced Economy
- An updated alternative to Living Economy, the economy mod bundled with OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.
- OOO Gems & Gem Dust OBSE
- An OBSEOblivion Script Extender-enabled rewrite of OOOOscuro's Oblivion Overhaul geomancy system
- This version is compatible with MMMMartigen's Monster Mod.
For now, manual users, please follow the BAINBAsh INstallers track.