Types of Mods (Oblivion)
Finally getting around to the downloading... first, some tips...
- 1 Choosing from Multiple Downloads
- 2 The "Required" mods, strongly recommended!!!!
- 3 Where and How to Find Mods
- 4 Utilities
- 5 Game Tweaks, Immersion and Special Items
- 6 Skills and Leveling
- 7 Magic Overhauls
- 8 Companions & NPCs
- 9 Animations
- 10 New Buildings & Locations
- 11 New Armor, Items and Weapons
- 12 Big Mesh Replacers
- 13 Unofficial Official Patches and the Official Add-ons
- 14 Quests
- 15 Overhauls and Creature-Adding Mods
- 16 City & World Aesthetics
- 17 User Interface
- 18 Texture Replacers
- 19 Other Replacers
- 20 Cosmetic Mods and Body Replacers
- 21 FCOM
- 22 See Also
- 23 External Links
Choosing from Multiple Downloads
- BAIN - try to get normal archive versions, not OMOD, not EXEs (OMOD-READY means the download is a normal archive but contains the files necessary for easy conversion to an OMOD, those are still better to download that the "not" options)
- OBMM - try to get OMOD or OMOD-ready versions of mods, not EXEs (Regular archives can still be packaged into an OMOD with ease if they are packaged properly, plus you can add your own scripts to handle the less simply packaged mods)
- Manual - always check the structure of a mod's contents before installing by first extracting to a temporary location
- Everyone - not all mods are packaged nicely, so you may need to repack them
- "Packaged Nicely" - at the top level their is either only a "Data" folder OR the default folders OR (OBMM) already in OMOD format OR (BAIN) BAIN-ready
- NOT "Packaged Nicely" - you have to do some work...fortunately the big, messy mods usually do not do this to you...
- BAIN - make the package either a simple or BAIN-ready archive (explained later)
- OBMM - write a quick script to install things where they should go
The "Required" mods, strongly recommended!!!!
- Unofficial Offical Patches:
- Optimization and Stability: Streamline (SL) (3.1b and the 3.1b patch)
>> notes: there is a BAIN version of SL available at TESNexus
- In-game troubleshooting: RefScope,FormID Finder, Actor Details
- Optimization (users with onboard sound): Quiet Fee MAX
- Optimization (everyone who does not have a $3000 setup): Low PolyGrass (almost most robust) or RPG-BlackDragon's LowTriPolyGrass (most to least robust, has 12 options) or Short Grass (not as robust)
- Optimization (512MB or less Vid card): Optimised Distant Land MAX (definitely recommended for 512MB or less video cards)
- Other recommendations: Stabilization and Optimization Mods
Before you download a bunch of random mods are find that your setup is in the sewer...bg2408's Mod Compatibility and You
Where and How to Find Mods
There are two types of collections of mods for the general community, general mod uploads and [?page=places_to_find_mods#SpecificLists type-specific mod lists]. For an extensive list of lists, check out CliffWorm's List of Mods Lists. Since they are specific, lists tend to offer more comparison and detail. If you have a type of mod in mind and it seems to fit in some sort of category, find the related list and compare the options. However, many mods will not make the lists, and they may be just right for you. If you are looking for a certain kind of mod and cannot find something that fits, search for the "Mod Detectives" and "Mod Psychics" threads on the BethSoft forums and ask for whatever you have in mind there. The mods sites catch almost everything and are constantly updated. These are the top upload sites:
- The Elderscrolls Nexus (TESNexus) - http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/downloads/
- biggest mod database
- offers quick search (mod names), category search, tag search (user opinions), advanced search (many, many options)
- a good way to find "top" mods is to browse a category and sort "downloads" "desc"
- a quick way to find a certain type of mod is to do a quick search for part of a mod's name
- See Searching TESNexus for search tips
- Planet Elderscrolls (PES) - http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.List
- offers good download speeds
- PES version sometimes linked in "mirrors" section of mods' TESNexus page due to greater size limitations
- most PES uploads can be found on TESNexus as well
- TES Alliance - http://www.tesalliance.org/
- pretty with lots of media
- some mods can only be found here
- TES File Front
- Mods Download Sites
- Many more upload sites...
Thse plugins, DLLs or applications extend capabilities for other mods, fix bugs, allow for more troubleshooting in-game or provide a pretty launcher with much more use that the original Oblivion launcher. The most important thing to be aware of when searching for utilities is that many are obsolete and out-dated due to newer mods that use later versions OBSE and the inclusion of various tweaks in Wrye Bash updates.
- Auto Book Placer OBSE by Langy (original by Horny Quintus)
- allows the player to activate bookshelves as containers and have books stacked neatly (most of the time)
- Clean up by Kuertee - helps prevent bloat, cleans up old junk data from save files
- Elys' Uncapper - allows skills to increase over 100
- Elys' USV - extends time subtitles without voice files are displayed
- FormID Finder - get the FormID and much more of any object
- Kuertee's Actor Details - print out to the console a comprehensive list of the plugin ownership of characters and their inventory
- Pluggy - a plugin and extension for OBSE
- OSR - FPS smoothing and memory management
- Streamline - memory purging and buffer management
Game Tweaks, Immersion and Special Items
These mods alter game play. This is really a miscellaneous group of mods offering many, many possibilities.
- Deadlier Sneaking - want sneak attacks to do more damage?
- Common Oblivion (COBL) - adds a lot of useful features and items and is now supported or required by many mods
- Enhanced Economy (EE) - Living Economy's spirit successor, regional pricing, different pricing schemes, reduce the value of magic items...
- Harvest Flora - plants disappears after you harvest them
- Immersive Mining - Roleplay as a miner...?
- Living Economy - the original economy enhancing mod
- MOBS and OMOBS - armor and weapons stats balancing system
>> notes: OMOBS is the version used for OOO and FCOM.
- MQSDone - for those who have already finished the main quest and do not want to replay it on a new profile...
>> note: Read the TESNexus description, especially the bottom bit, for usage notes.
- Oblivifall - large-scale project to bring a Daggerfall-esque feel to Oblivion
- OOO Gems & Gem Dust OBSE - an OBSE-enabled rewrite of OOO geomancy system
>> notes: FCOM users should not use the MMM version of G&GD, but this enhanced version of OOO's system can be used instead
- SM Encumbrance and Fatigue - no more suddenly running up against an encumbrance limit (but there are penalties)
- Start Choices - lets you start in a different location, even Kvatch
>> notes: watch out for incompatibilities with quest scripts with alternate start mods
- Arwen's Oblivion Mods Index - Realism
- Delte's List of Immersion Mods
- Roleplay, Replay, a Randomly Generated, Job Mod List!
- Running4Cover's List of Stealth Mods
Skills and Leveling
Like the Vanilla leveling system? modifiers? Get rid of it. Also, you will probably want to slow down the advancement rate if you add a overhaul that has your PC fighting for his or her life all of the time.
>> Note: Leveling mods may disable the progress bar and set it to either 0% or 100%. That is not an indication of anything being broken, unless the mod is supposed to have reimplemented the progress bar feature.
- Kobu's Character Advancement System - the most advanced leveling mod of its time, and it may still be the most configurable leveling mod around
- It can take a lot of time configure things as you want, but that is why it give the options.
- KCAS does offer preset level-advancement modes.
- Read the ReadMe, especially if you are doing custom configuration or using a UI mod.
- KCAS OMOD Script - if you use OBMM and you use KCAS, get this
- nGCD - smooth leveling, no sleeping to level up, no modifiers, totally configurable
>> Note: Equally as good alternatives are Realistic Leveling (another smooth leveler) and Oblivion XP (brings to Oblivion classic RPG exp). This mod is partly inspired by KCAS, so it is a nice, more current alternative for KCAS users.
- Oblivion XP Update - this mod brings the classic RPG exp system to Oblivion, now every action has another price
>> Note: This mod is not compatible with skill progression mods (i.e., Progress) because of how the experience gaining system has been modified. Also, take care when installing the menus. There are different sets of menus for Vanilla Oblivion's UI and other popular UI mods.
- Progress - take total control over the rate at which your skills progress
>> Note: The latest version, as of 03-30-2010, does not show an init message on screen or in the console. Do not worry about it. This is not compatible with Oblivion XP or Wrye Leveling
- Realistic Leveling - another smooth leveling mod, but without a ton of configuration option, just install it and go
>> Note: There are five settings in the INI that allow the user to control how "smooth" the leveling is. You could even have the vanilla leveling menu appear in full.
Vanilla magic is weak, OOO is a little stronger, then you can go for a real magic overhaul. You can find a few mods in this group to seriously unbalance your game. This guide only mentions balanced options, however.
- Fearsome Magicka - very new
- Less Annoying Magic Experience (LAME) - balanced, medium power
>> note: see "mirrors" for the download
- LAME OMOD Installer - OMOD Installer for LAME
- Midas Magic Spells of Arrum (MM) - more of a crazy spells expansion pack than an overhaul, fairly powerful
- Supreme Magicka (SM) - most balanced, medium power
Companions & NPCs
Feeling lonely or wish you had backup in the overhaul-ed Oblivion world? Or maybe you want new NPCs that offer convenient services for the traveling adventurer. Although they might provide good backup, having multiple companions can really bog down your system. Mods that add many NPCs (which means many AI packages) can quickly start hurting performance as well. There are hard limits to the number of companions you can have at once. This can be tweaked some with mods like the bashed patch. However, you could leave Sonia at home while you run around Viconia if you really have to have them all.
- CM Partners Mod Basic - make everyone in Tamriel your companion or even make your own
>> note: searching "CM Partners" to find this mod will turn up a bunch of people's custom CM partners
- Crowded Roads Revisited - adds more life to the roads
- NPCs Travel - Adds 114 NPCs & 13 creatures to Cyrodiil and Shivering Isles.
- Roaming NPCs - Adds 31 travelling NPCs to Oblivion world.
- Tamriel Travellers (TT) - trade with travelers to unload your loot while in the remotest areas of Tamriel
- TT Adv Script >-- See the TT thread for notes on the update.
- Tamriel NPCs Revamped - gives makeovers to the 1000+ vanilla (and/or SI) Tamriel residents
>> Note: TNR Complete OMOD - OMOD version of Tamriel NPCs Revamped
- TT Horse Textures Add-on - requires Slof's Horses Base or MMM 3.7+
- Viconia - a romance, quest companion with great voicing
- Companion Vilja - fully voiced questing companion
Maybe you want to take screen shots of your characters in interesting positions or give the Tamriel women a sexier walk.
- Actors in Emotions - how about a smiling portrait of your character? a mildly, angry face?
- Seph's Hand-to-Hand Animation Replacer - replaces the default hand-to-hand animations with slightly cooler versions
New Buildings & Locations
Modders have designed all kinds of player homes, new lands and shops. Quests may add plenty of these as well.
- Bank of Cyrodiil - make money while sitting on your behind with interest
- Faregyl Village - for the farms!
- Glenvar Castle - a castle with an interesting quest (and voiced inhabitants)
- Vaults of Cyrodiil - a thief looking for a new challenge?
New Armor, Items and Weapons
Self-explanatory, but look for new additions with OMOBS or MOBS stats if you want them to fit in well with Frans, OOO or FCOM. (See the FCOM-wiki for a list of some MOBS-ified weapon and armor add-ons.) Make sure to check the requirements. Many clothing and armor mods are only compatible with certain body types.
- Bob's Armory - FCOM rec
- Lera's Clothes for Men - various outfits the guys (Robert M)
- Loth's Blunt Weapons - FCOM rec
- KD Circlets OOO Optimized - adds Kafei's armored circlets to OOO's leveled lists
- Nexon's Armory - cool robe and some very well-designed weapons
- Pure Steel Blade
- Slof's Oblivion Goth Shop I - adds a lot of new clothes for Robert's males
- Slof's Oblivion Robe Trader - adds many cool new textured robes and replaces many existing robes
- Xiamara's New Amulets
- Xiamara's New Amulets OOO-FCOM add-on - adds Xiamara's Amulets to OOO's leveled lists
- Eshenaleros' Non-Sexy Armor List
- List O? Female Armors/Clothing by Lunethel
- Viviolay's Robert Female Mod List
Big Mesh Replacers
These mods are QTP3 (and variants) and optimized Vanilla and SI meshes. They are huge, and parts of them need to be overwritten by many mods.
- QTP3 Redimized - one of the greatest and biggest (multiple Gbs) mods around
>> note: do not forget the patch!
>> Note: QTP3 Regular & Redimized & Reduced Versions - Alternative location for QTP3
- Optimized Distant Land MAX - want more FPS outside?
Unofficial Official Patches and the Official Add-ons
There are unofficial patches for Oblivion, SI and the DLCs. There are also MOBS versions available.
- DLCs - i.e., DLCOrrery, DLCBattlehornCastle, Knights of the Nine (KoTN)
- SM Plugin Refubish - Creates more fitting starting requirements for the DLC quests
- Unofficial Oblivion Patch (UOP) - THE REQUIRED mod
- Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplemental - continues where the original UOP authors left off
- Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch (USIP) - THE SECOND REQUIRED mod for SI users
- USIP MOBS - MOBS-ified USIP for FCOM, Frans, OOO
- Unofficial Official Mods Patches (UOMPs) - more patches to clean up official content
>> notes: These are compatible with the SM plugin refurbish plugins.
- UOP 3.2.4+ for Frans MOBS -
- UOMP 1-5 MOBS - MOBS-ified versions of the Unofficial Official Mods Patches
- Updated Official DLC MOBS - MOBS patches for the UOMP
>> note: 1) These patches are separate and do not overwrite any plugins. They are not replacement plugins. 2) The patches can be deactivated and imported into Bash by checking them under Import Stats.
There are so many to choose from. Do you play a good guy? a bad guy? Do you want a 40 hour immserive addition or a fast and furious adventure to get a new set of armor? Maybe you would even like to save your companion's life. Compatibility is a big issue with these guys because they may modify an area around or outside of Tamriel, but there are quite a few that get along with biggest, sprawling-est mods out there.
- Ayleid Ruins Expanded - gives a new reasons to explore (intended for high level characters)
- The Ayleid Steps - gives a purpose to the ancient steps found all across Cyrodiil
- Blood&Mud (B&M) - give Bruma a dark atmosphere for a reason, makes its dank appearance worth something
- Choices and Consequences (C&C) - makes Vanilla quests more roleplay-friendly
- Gates to Aesgaard 1 (GTA1) - prepare to be scared
>> note: do not forget to grab both patches!
- Gates to Aesgaard 2 (GTA2) - the sequel
>> note: do not forget to grab the patch!
- Integration - super immersive and stretches over a lot of Cyrodiil (requires LAME, RBP and SI)
- Kragenir's Death Quest - adds numerous new quest, miscellaneous and main, a super extension
- The Lost Spires (LS) - a new guild, a new story and pretty spires
- Malevolent - another quest by the incredible Simyaz, a much darker quest...
- MTCThievesGrotto - finally, an extension of the TG
- The Mysteries of the Dulan Cult - here is a long one
- Origin of the Mages Guild - a super expansion of the Mages Guild as we know it
- Ruined Tail's Tale (RTT) - get to know one of the best Argonian's come to Tamriel
>> note: do not forget to grab the main file and the patch!
- Servant of the Dawn - lets you play the other side during the main quest
- Thievery in the Imperial City - get involved with the "bad" things going on in the background
- Thieves Arsenal - adds some really interesting quests for thief characters
- Ungarion Memoirs: The Welkynd Sword - a short one with a sweet sword at the end
>> note: only need the main download, updates are already included
- Windfall - adds a brand new world to explore that should entertain for many, many hours
- Reclaiming Sancre Tor - big quest mod involving a group of Blades from Morrowind.
Overhauls and Creature-Adding Mods
These mods contain many game tweaks, add quests, add NPCs and a little bit of almost everything. Fortunately, they do not actually modify everything, but the game will get much harder once they revamp Oblivion. Read the ReadMes or you could find yourself up to your neck in compatibility problems.
- FCOM - bringing three or more awesome overhauls, creature and weapon addition mods together
>> Note: READ THE FCOM-SPECIFIC portion of this guide if you are downloading this!!
- Francesco's Creature-Items Mods (Fran) - Overhaul!!
>> Note: There is an SI quests expansion for Frans if the SI option is chosen during installation.
>> Note: Francescos Creatures and Items - Updated version (V5B2) of Frans!
- Martigen's Monster Mod (MMM) - add tremendous creature diversity
- MMM OMOD Installer - follow the (clear) instructions, has links to the latest MMM and some updates
- Oblivion WarCry - Overhaul!!
- Oblivion WarCry - New Dimension - Overhaul that built off Oblivion War Cry, but is different. Standalone, does not require original Oblivion War Cry.
>> Note: Oblivion WarCry - New Dimension - English - English translation of OB New Dimension
- Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul - Overhaul!!
>> Note: OOO V1.35 - Latest version (v1.35) of OOO
- OOO 1.33b LITE patch - update patch for OOO 1.33 LITE version
- OOO 1.34b5 Patch - only supports FULL version
>> Note: A short script that you can add to an OMOD created for this is on OMOD Installation.
- Personal Pack Guar - get cute Guar companions
- Slof's Dogs - adds cute furry, four-legged friends to cities all around Cyrodiil
>> Note: Slof's dogs are included in the latest version of MMM, but MMM does not add all of her friendly city pups.
- Tamriel Immersion Experiences (TIE) - great for stealth characters
>> Note: If you like this mods and OOO, use TIE4MODs instead of TIE.
City & World Aesthetics
Make the world more beautiful! from cities to mountains to creeks! BUT wary of compatibility issues. They have to vie for space with quest mods. Read the READMEs!!!
- All Natural (AN) - the weather mod of weather mods, syncs interior and exterior weather, see outside weather from inside inside, and now real lights is included too
>> notes: This mod includes the three most popular weather mods (Atmospheric Weather System, Enhanced Weather, Natural Weather), supercedes Natural Interiors and also has a Realistic Lighting module. The original files are not needed (and should not be used in conjunction with it.) Futhermore, it allows you to use any combination of the above mods. Darker nights settings can be changed in the included INI, as well.
- Animated Windows Lighting System (AWLS) - windows light up at night and shutters open during the day
- Atmospheric Weather System - the biggest weather mod of them all, been around a while but still awesome
- Better Cities (BC) - a beautiful redressing of all of the cities of Tamriel
- Cyrodiil Travel Services - throwback to the Morrowind travel methods
- Enhanced Weather - by the author of AWS, HTF, a new weather mod, compact quality...
- moDem's City Life - breathes (respawning) life into the cities of Cyrodiil
- MTCExpandedVillages - incompatible with mods that touch the same areas
- Let There Be Darkness - now you need a torch to get around
- Let There Be More Darkness - extends (lack of) lighting for various mods
- Natural Environments - makes the environment more lively
>> notes: 1) Do not use the Natural Weather module included with this mod. Get either the fixed version of NW (linked below) or another weather mod.
- New Roads and Bridges Revised - adds more roads and bridges around Cyrodiil
- Open Cities - moves all cities except for the IC to the Tamriel worldspace
>> notes: watch your graphics card!!
- RD Natural Weather Unofficial Test Fix - NW without the fast switching weather bug
- Really AEVWD - the most optimized and well-supported visible when distant (VWD) mod
- RAEVWD OMOD Installer - you are not forced to use BAIN
- Unique Landscapes (UL) - bringing character to regions across Cyrodiil
- Unique Landscapes Compilation OMOD - updated regularly
- UL Compatibility Patches - a lot of UL patches in one place
>> notes: There are UL patches "loose" on TESNexus as well.
Change loading screens, menu videos, menu textures and menu operations.
- Atmospheric Dark UI Loading Screens - 1620+ loading screens!
- Cyrodiil Terrain Map - world map reskin
>> notes: texture files need to be compressed again, just save the files with the default compression format (use Paint.NET or GIMP or another tool that can handle DDS files)
- Dark UI - the original "Dark" mod by DarkBirdy, Dark re-skinning if the UI
- DarkUId DarN - Dark UI DarNified
- DarNified UI - the next big UI mod, making everything more compact
>> notes: There are many DarN UI reskins available on TESNexus, the most popular (and well supported) listed above, there is also a BAIN version of the original available at TESNexus
- Elven Map for Shivering Isles - world map reskin for SI based on Elven Map Redux
- Elven Map Redux - world map reskin
- Immersive Interface - remove that unnecessary junk from the HUD
- Keychain - all your keys collected in one place, automatically
- Menu Video - Scenery - a more attractive menu video
- Shivering Isles Terrain Map - world map reskin for SI
- Super Hotkeys - need more than 8 hotkeys?
- Toggleable Quantity Prompt - sell stacks of items all at once or sell the pieces one by one with the click of a button combination
These mods are the second of three groups necessary to beautify all of Oblivion.
- Ampolex's Texture Pack - an alternative to Qarl's?
- Better Night Sky - has some nice moons
- Detailed Terrain - world texture replacer
- Darker Regal IC Redimized - reskins the IC
- FineWeapons - "fine" weapons shine
- RustyItems - makes rusty items look rusty (already in MMM)
- Magic Shields - give the special Vanilla and SI shields a unique appearance
- Real Lava - makes lava look more real?
- Real Night Sky - most realistic sky texture replacer around
- Vanilla Hair Replacer - shinier Vanilla hair for everyone!
These replace the appearance of an assortment of things.
- Diverse Voices - ...want more gravelly Dunmer voices?
- Initial Glow - remove the encased plastic effect from NPCs and the PC when they wear items with enchantments
- Visually Enchanted Customizer Fixed - fire swords burn, ice swords are surrounded in a frothy breath
Cosmetic Mods and Body Replacers
The final beautification mods. Adding them can become addictive, but it only takes two of them to break some part of the games features if their installation is not approached with care. Some cosmetic compilation not only give your more options with which to create your character, but may also completely overhaul the Vanilla races. Give your PC a different body, new background history or a new race all together. Lastly, you CANNOT mix mods that use Elaborate Eye meshes with those the use the vanilla mesh. This applies ALL mods that add races. If you use EE, all quest mods you install better have EE support.
See Body Replacers for a more detailed break down of the available mods.
- Enayla's New Face Textures - much better face textures
- Enayla's Dremora Face Texture - more humanoid Dremora texture
- Improved Argonian Facial Textures (IAFT) - high rez (or low rez) improved face textures for argonians
- Improved Facial Textures (IFT) - better Vanilla face and age textures
- Kendo's Orc Textures - new orc textures for Robert M and F
- Race Balancing Project (RBP) - more sensible balance for the races, including a few new familiar ones
- Race Balancing Project OMOD Installer - OMOD installer for RBP
- Ren's Beauty Pack - adds many nice hairs and the beautiful Mystic Elf race
>> notes: need the installation files and main files, unless using only the light version
- (Body Replacer) Robert's Male Body v5 (*nudity warning*)
- Robert's Female Body - the most natural female body around
>> note: Some other notable female body replacers, Exnem and variants (HGEC and EVE HGEC) are more popular and have greater mod support
- Robert F - Rough Leather Shoes Fix - fixes a nasty bug that caused an artifact to stick out of NPCs wearing the shoes
>> notes: downloading the full version of Robert's Fem PyFFI-ed (and fixed) is recommended
- Robert Seamless Male Average Body v5 Beta - average build of Robert's v5 male body
>> notes: requires Robert's Male Body v5 Beta
- Robert Male Average Stock Clothing and Armor Replacer - stock replacer for Robert's v5 male body average build
>> notes: This is designed for muscular v5, but v4 and v5 of Robert's bodies are very similar
- Robert Male Average Stock Clothing and Armor Replacer SI - stock SI replacer for Robert's v5 male body average build
>> notes: This is designed for muscular v5, but v4 and v5 of Robert's bodies are very similar
- Robert M - OOO Meshes - OOO replacer for muscular build of Robert's male body
>> Note: This is designed for muscular v4, but v4 and v5 of Robert's bodies are very similar''
>> Note: The meshes\armor\TheSilverDragonOrder\m\cuirass.nif in this causes a CTD when entering Ri'Zakar's room during "The Hist" Fighters Guild quest. It can also crash CS and NifSkope. Therefore, you may wish to remove it from the archive. (--a4nic8er)
- Robert M - MMM Meshes - MMM replacer for muscular build of Robert'smale body
>> notes: This is designed for muscular v4, but v4 and v5 of Robert's bodies are very similar
- Robert M - Frans Meshes - Fran replacer for muscular build of Robert's male body
>> notes: This is designed for muscular v4, but v4 and v5 of Robert's bodies are very similar
- Robert Female for Mods - Fran, MMM, OOO replacers for Robert F
If you have NEVER installed FCOM, read this first!!!!: FCOM Installation Guide
These are the "Basic" FCOM modules. If you are new to FCOM, do not skip anything and read everything! This is not a mod for fresh, impatient users who are unwilling to follow instructions to the "T." This mods must hold a record on the forums for people having the most trouble with a single mod. It is the gluing together or many mods, and you have to install them ALL CORRECTLY!!
- FCOM: FCOM 9.9 , UFCOM -
- Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (OOO): OOO 1.33 Complete (omod-ready) and OOO 1.34b5 Patch
>> Note: This mod is the core of FCOM.
- Martigen's Monster Mod (MMM): MMM 3.7b3, its BSA, 3.73b Diverse WaterLife Update (if you use this module)
- This mod adds a ton of creature diversity.
- It also contains an SI module.
- The Diverse WaterLife plugin breathes new life into the water of Tamriel, but adding a lot of AI and fish can really hurt FPS.
- Entropic Order Rebalance
- Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mods (Fran):Fran 4.5b (get both EXEs)
- Oblivion WarCry: Oblivion WarCry and the 1.08 patch
>> Note: not actually required, but highly recommended
- Bob's Armory: Bob's Armory
>> Note: not required, but also recommended
- Loth's Blunt Weapons
>> Note: not required, but also recommended
- (SI) Dark Seducer Weapon Fix
>> Note: recommended
- OMOBS 2.2a - Gives OMOBS stats to all Vanilla or all Vanilla and SI items.
- DLC MOBS - MOBS patches for the DLCs
- For the greatest compatibility with the UOMP and other mods that may modify the DLCs, use a Bashed Patch and check these under 'Import Stats'.
Oblivion Mod Manager
Oblivion Script Extender
Oscuro's Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
Frans, War Cry, Oscuro's, Martigen
Martigen's Monster Mod
Less Annoying Magic Experience
Medieval Oblivion (Equipment) Balance System
Unofficial Oblivion Patch
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch
Unofficial Official Mods Patch
Blood and Mud
Race Balancing Project
Ren's Beauty Pack
Tamriel Immersion Experience
Atmospheric Weather System
Direct Draw Surface
Crash to desktop